Fierce Heroines is an inclusive and diverse anthology that gathers 75 empowering heroines from across pop culture.
Whether it’s anime, movies, video games, comics, books, or television series, pop culture is full of female characters that inspire and encourage us to be brave, kind, thoughtful, and powerful. With comic book inspired illustrations, character profiles and origins, and fun facts throughout, Fierce Heroines is the ultimate feminist tribute to pop culture’s most amazing female characters.
Now fans can learn about 75 diverse classic and contemporary heroines that are empowering girls and women all over the world like:
- Anime & Manga: San (Princess Mononoke), Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon), Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket), Bulma (Dragon Ball), Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha), and Ochako Uraraka (My Hero Academia)
- Cartoons: She-Ra (She-Ra and the Princess of Power), Susie Carmichael (Rugrats), Carmen Sandiego (Carmen Sandiego), Toph Beifong (Avatar: the Last Airbender), and Garnet (Steven Universe)
- Comics: Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl), Ripley (Lumberjanes), Goldie Vance (Goldie Vance), Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis), Leah Dwyer (Jem and the Holograms), and Barbara Gordon (Birds of Prey)
- Movies: Hermoine (Harry Potter), Moana (Moana), Jesminder Bhamra (Bend It Like Beckham), Valkyrie (Thor: Ragnarok), Leia Organa (Star Wars), and Meg Murry (A Wrinkle in Time)
- Television: The 13th Doctor (Doctor Who), Andi Mack (Andi Mack), Eleven (Stranger Things), Mel, Maggie & Macy (Charmed), Becky Jackson (Glee), McKeyla, Adrienne, Bryden & Camryn (Project Mc²)
- Video Games: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII), Tracer (Overwatch), Zelda (The Legend of Zelda), Samus Aran (Metroid), and Mina (Battle Chef Brigade)
From writer Rosie Knight and illustrator Arielle Jovellanos, edited by Brit Brooks-Perilli, and coming from Running Press Kids in Sept 2020.
The Haunted High-Tops is a kids horror comic written by Rosie Knight with art by Fran Bueno
In this Scary Graphics Tale from Capstone Dan wants the new X-9000 high-top sneakers more than anything, even though he knows his mom can’t afford them. So when a hooded figure leaves a brand new pair of X-9000s on the city bus, Dan grabs them and doesn’t look back. But the shoes seem to have a mind of their own . . . and Dan will soon discover he should be careful what he wishes for. In this Scary Graphics tale, easy-to-read text and eerie, full-color art combine to deliver just-right scares for kids who crave chills and thrills.
The Haunted High-Tops hits shelves on August 1st, 2020